Two or Three? Which is the hardest transition?  

Posted by iBcHiRo


I have always thought that having two kids would be the hardest transition, and that having more kids after that would not be as difficult. Of course having three or four kids is more difficult than having just two, but is the transition as big of a shock? As I shared this thought with people there were several that said having two was no problem, it was three that was hard. The reasons were, you only have two hands, or they would say with two kids, the kid-parent ratio is still one to one. I almost started to believe them, and then I had Kolton. And I stand firm in my belief that the transition to two is harder than three. But I will let you know when we have a third. Whenever that may be.
Maybe my experience seemed harder because Austen has so much energy and was only 19 months when I had Kolton. I just didn't have the energy to entertain him and we went to so many places during the week to get rid of as much energy as possible before we went home. It was easier for me to watch him play after my night shifts, than to play with him. Maybe it was because I didn't take a break and just went right back to work. Whatever it was, I was hit with it hard about two months after having Kolton. But I think now that I can multi task with multiple kids, when I have another baby I will know what to expect somewhat, and I will be a little more ready for it. That is my hope at least.
I love being the mother of my two beautiful boys, and I can still see us having four kids. So however bad the transition was from one to two, it didn't defeat me! I just have to not overdue myself the next time around.

This entry was posted on Monday, December 07, 2009 at 8:52 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

What a beautiful mommy you are! Glad to know you are surviving two:) I thought the transition from none to just one was challenging enough. But now that I have a handle on things Im getting ready for more.:)

11:35 PM

Cute I love that shot!

2:45 PM

They are so stinkin cute i wish i could see them in person!

10:52 PM

i'll let you know what i think of 3, I thought 2 was way hard!

9:35 PM

definitely harder with more than 2 kids.

11:14 PM

Post a Comment