So there we were partying at the Chan Parent's home in Kent with everyone. Real good food with everyone at the house. I (Michael) was making ox tail soup and looking forward to stuffing myself silly. All of a sudden, I look over at Amanda and she's giving me that crazed look. So I had to go over to see what was going on. Those dreaded words...."I'm having contractions"! Dreaded only because it's two weeks early, and I was so looking forward to a nice big bowl of soup! Amanda wanted to hold off for as long as she could, and she made it until after the countdown at midnight (which is another hilarious story in itself). So at 12:10 AM on January 1, 2009, we left the Kent house and headed to the hospital, stopping at the house to pick up some necessary supplies. We got to the hospital and she was dilated to a 4 already, which was a relief because they won't admit you until you are at least a 4. By the time that I had gone back down to park the car and bring up the rest of the bags, Amanda was out of the triage and into a birthing suite. I could tell which one she was in by following the pre-epidural screams. Finally, around 2:00 AM, Amanda got the much asked for epidural. She finally hit the magical number, 10 cm, at around 4:15 or so, and began the final "push" to the promised land. At 4:43 AM, the baby was crowning and the nurse began to call for the OB on duty. "Hurry, the baby is coming!" But it was too late, the little guy came out on his own without any more pushing. 4:46 AM...welcome to the world Baby Chan number 2...all 6 lbs and 20 inches of you!
17 comments
Congratulations! I am so happy for you two! Of course you already know this, but he is absolutely gorgeous, great job! I am glad everything is well and that you guys are doing good. We wish we could be there! But know we love you and our thoughts are with you!
Michelle
Congratulations! I am so happy for you two! Of course you already know this, but he is absolutely gorgeous, great job! I am glad everything is well and that you guys are doing good. We wish we could be there! But know we love you and our thoughts are with you!
Michelle
Oh wow! What a surprise! Congrats to all of you! I'm so glad mom and baby are safe....can't wait to hear his name! Enjoy your new years' gift!
Ox Tail soup... That'll do it! ;) Congrats, Chan family! We're so glad to see a healthy baby!
Congratulations! Amanda, you look great after just having had a baby! And the baby is so pretty. I hope recovery is easy and you get some sleep soon!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys...but just a little jealous. Do you think my little guy will come early too? Here is wishing. The baby is darling! What did you name him?
Congratulations!!! We love you guys and can't wait to meet the new addition!!
Yeah! Congratulations, guys! Does he have a name yet?
Ahhhh! What!? Were you the first Seattle baby of the year...and get a bunch of free stuff? I wish you lived here so I could take newborn pictures of your DARLING baby! Congrats! Love you!
Congratulations! Glad that your delivery went well. He is adorable. Looks exactly like Austen.
Congratulations!!!! I hope you're all doing well. Can't wait to meet the new little one when you're up and out with your two boys! :)
Congratulations. We are so excited to see another cute little Chan boy. Hope you find time to sleep the next few weeks.
Yeah Amanda! Congratulations. You were so close to being the first baby of the year. I like how you wanted to stay at the party as long as possible. You are such a partier- up until your delivery. I am sad we couldn't meet up over Christmas, but we could hardly move in the snow. Talk to you soon.
Congratulations!!! He is adorable!
I cannot believe I was talking your ear off at the party while you were having contractions!
Congrats on such cute kids you guys! Glad it went well.
YYYAAAAAYYYY!!!! Yeah for you guys! I'm so excited for you! Amanda, I LOVE your hair! it's so cute short like that! Congratulations you two! What's the name??? Amanda, call me whenever you get the chance!






