Tulum, Mexico 2006  

Posted by iBcHiRo

This is not a Mexican standing next to me, but Mike. I know that because he is so dark you might get confused. This is the entrance to an old Mayan city named Tulum. Our cruise ship stopped in Cozumel and we took a ferry boat over to the main land to come see the ruins. It was SO HOT I don't think I have ever been that hot in my life. I think I sweat more just standing listening to our tour guide than I have doing any kind of physical activity or sport. I wore my hat hoping to hide myself from the sun. I just ended up looking like an Asian tourist...haha.
Here is Mike in front of one of the temples. I guess the in order to keep the buildings and temples from being damaged, and maybe for the safety of the tourists (the stairs are pretty small) they wont allow anyone to climb on the stairs or go touch the temples. Pretty lame if you ask me. I wanted to take pictures on the steps!!

They were still pretty amazing buildings even from afar.
And there were iguanas everywhere!
Luckily at the end of the tour, we were able to treat our nasty stinky bodies to the heavenly beach on the edge of the village. It was the most beautiful beach. The sand was so fine and smooth, it just oozed between your toes when you were in the water and it was like mud when you picked it up in your hand. The water was so clear and warm too. Definitely what the doctor ordered, and it probably saved us all from heat exhaustion too.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 at 10:38 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

What a great place to visit!! The temple in the background is amazing, hard to believe that it was built so long ago, and perhaps a BoM prophet taught there...Sounds like a fun trip!!

7:44 AM

Nice BELLY Mike!! Stage 3!!!!

7:53 PM

Post a Comment